Change The Meaning
So the Lord God formed out of the ground every animal of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to Adam to see what he would call them; and whatever the man called a living creature, that was its name.
GENESIS 2:19 AMP
Do you know why you are the way you are? Do you know your triggers? How do you deal with conflict? In life, we all have certain experiences that have shaped who we are as an individual. Some of these experiences have been painful while others have been empowering. On this call, we will discuss how we can challenge our perspectives to be conformed to a more empowering narrative so we can live a life of love. This message will empower you and challenge how you view pain!
Three Supportive Statements:
- When we choose to name something, we give it a specific purpose in our lives. That "name" can be used to empower us or disempower us, it all depends on us.
- We were given authority over all the earth and were instructed to subdue it (place it under our feet). Naming things on this Earth is us exercising our dominion and authority.
- Whatever "animal" we fail to face, we will always be subject to. We must make a decision to acknowledge that we all have "animals" in our life we have ignored and ran from. Acknowledgment of the "animal" is the first step to healing.
Study Questions (For Me):
1. What is the purpose of a name?
2. How do we use our pain to empower us?
3. Why does God allow us to experience pain if He loves us so much?
Questions for Self Reflection:
1. What does pain do to our body?
2. How do our bones and skin grow?
3. What makes us different from the rest of Creation?
- By naming something, we give God an opportunity to help us to redefine what that particular "thing" means to us
- Avoiding pain does not make us more powerful, it actually keeps us weak. Think of how we have to work out in order to build strength and muscle.
- Our personal name has a connection with our life purpose. When God calls us and and we respond in action, we start to discover that purpose.
(Name Change) Matthew 16:17-19 | (Adam, Name The Animals) Genesis 2:19 | (Now, We Are Friends) John 15:15 | (Saul, Is Called) Acts 9:1-22 | (Name The Children) Hosea 1:2-12 | (He Will Be Called Immanuel) Matthew 1:21-23 | (My Weakness, His Strength) 2 Corinthians 12:7-10| (Go Tell That Fox...) Luke 13:32 | (From "Woman" to "Eve") Genesis 3:20 | (The Purpose of Sin) Genesis 4:7
- There will be an enemy God will leave in our life to remind us of our constant need for His grace, mercy and favor (thorn).
- Humility is your "best friend". He is God's Best Friend that will always protect you from you. God is the Perfect Example of humility. Can you be "quietly great"? Can you help somebody else "shine" brightly? Are you able to play a "supportive role" in the growth of other people?
- Choosing to see the Earth as "good" is going back to an "Eden" mindset. Our awareness of evil only came AFTER eating from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, but we were not designed to know of evil.
- Research how bones are developed and grown. Also study what stunts the growth of them to understand how we are affected by trauma.
- The earlier the injury to our bones, the more drastic the change to our growth potential since we are in the early stages of development. This is why most of the issues we have as adults, are contrived from our childhood.
Video to Watch:
None this week
Link to Podcast via Anchor: