Then the Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground. He breathed the breath of life into the man’s nostrils, and the man became a living person.
Genesis 2:7 NLT
Then God fashioned a body from the earth for the soul of the man. The living soul of man became a speaking spirit by way of God's breathing on him.
How often have you listened to an inspirational message or saw something that moved you to act on your dreams and goals, but than found yourself in the same position year after year? Are you finding it hard it to stay "inspired"? Perhaps it's because you haven't received wisdom on the true purpose of inspiration. In this message, we will learn about the purpose of inspiration and the four ways you are to allocate inspiration once you've received it.
Three Supportive Statements:
- In (spiration): "a measured amount of God's breath". Think about wind turbines being powered by the wind to complete their set purpose. They must be in the right position and have the right connections to maximize the power of a "fresh wind".
- God spoke us into existence first, than he gave us life by breathing the breath of life into us. We are to use the same methods here to be like Him. The true purpose of inspiration is to exercise dominion over the earth.
- In order for us to properly exercise dominion, we must understand the commandments we were originally given. Those first commandments were: to be fruitful (productive), multiply (be great), replenish (refill) and subdue (bring into submission) the earth. When we are divinely inspired, it is for us to get back into a dominion mindset.
Study Questions (For Me):
1. When you are inspired what do you do next?
2. How do you build momentum off of inspiration?
3. What are the common barriers that hinder us from taking the next step once we are inspired and empowered to do something?
4. What does it really mean to be inspired? How do you know when you are inspired?
5. How do you even know when you've been inspired? What does it feel like?
6. How does it feel to be uninspired? What does that look like?
Questions for Self Reflection:
1. How often do I stop and go (build and stop forward motion)?
2. What is my inspirational pattern?
3. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the highest), how consistent am I?
- To stay inspired, we must stay where the Spirit of the Lord is. Stay where the His Presence is and trust where He leads.
- There is something special about playing worship music(the harp) while meditating on scripture or on a parable that deeply connects with you
- Inspiration, in it's root form, basically means "immediate influence of God"
(Hunt for Wisdom) Psalm 49:4 | (The Spoken Word of Mankind) Genesis 1:26 | (The Formation of Mankind) Genesis 2:7
None This Week
Video to Watch:
None This Week
Link to Podcast via Anchor:
Listen to this episode of my podcast, Alpha Talk, Power Call | What's Next? https://anchor.fm/thealphatalk/episodes/Power-Call--Whats-Next-e2uur8
Play Message via Spotify:
Listen to my podcast, Alpha Talk on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/1IM5bs22Qn3Q85QZnGrkuT