Blessed Is The Man (Part 8)
We will be doing a series based on the beatitudes, the famous Sermon on the mount in Matthew 5.
Part 8 #beastmode:
“Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."
Matthew 5:10 KJV
The world tells us that we should adapt to the times and flow with how things are. God tells us to stand firm and be His representative no matter what.
Three Supportive Statements:
- When you are going "counter-cultural", you are bound to face opposition.
- There are heavenly rewards for godly obedience. (Talk about Peter and the coin in the fish's mouth)
- There are three things the enemy comes to do: Steal, Kill and Destroy. There is one thing Jesus comes to do: Give us life in abundance.
1. What does it mean to "be persecuted"?
2. Why are we being persecuted?
3. How does Heaven "reward" or "bless" those who are persecuted for righteousness sake?
4. What is the armor of God?
None this week
Remember the "W.E" method:
W - WISDOM
E - ENCOURAGEMENT
(Blessings, Instead of Curses) 2 Samuel 16:12 | (Creation is Waiting..) Romans 8: | (Being Made Perfect, Through a Process) James 1:2-8 | (Come Forth, as Pure Gold) Job 23:10 | (Coin In the Fish's Mouth) Matthew 17:24-27 | (Life, and Life More Abundantly) John 10:10 | (A Weapon, Not Peace) Matthew 10:34 | (Armor of God) Ephesians 6: 11-18
- Thinking about David, he was pursued by Saul for a large portion of his life as well as his son Absalom
- Satan, the god of this world's system, is angry at God. So his goal is to make our lives as miserable as possible so we don't ever find the abundant Life that Jesus came to give us. We need to understand that Satan was humbled out of heaven, humbled in hell and is being humbled on Earth.
- We need to also understand what is happening while the persecution is going on- we are being perfected to walk in higher levels of authority.