Blessed Is The Man (Part 5)
We will be doing a series based on the beatitudes, the famous Sermon on the mount in Matthew 5.
Part 5 #wealth:
"Blessed [spiritually prosperous, happy, to be admired] are the poor in spirit [those devoid of spiritual arrogance, those who regard themselves as insignificant], for theirs is the kingdom of heaven [both now and forever]."
MATTHEW 5:3 AMP
The world tells us that we must self confident. God tells us to be God-confident.
Three Supportive Statements:
- God desires to heal us completely so that we can help bring healing to others.
- Your pain and scars are the perfect entry point for God's healing love.
- God deals with us through a process, but we only progress in this process by surrendering our idea of how things should be done.
1. What does it mean to be "poor in spirit"?
2. What does it mean to be rich in spirit?
3. Why is a broken person the perfect vessel for God's purposes?
Questions for Self Reflection:
1. Who have I been able to help find healinh as a result of my own brokenness?
2. What are the things that inspire me to keep going day to day?
3. Think of an instance where I witnessed a powerful move of God that inspired me to share my testimony.
(Life is Christ) Phillipians 1:21 | (Spiritual Riches in God) Ephesians 1:3-6